Saturday, April 20, 2013

And here we go...

Tomorrow I set off on a completely new adventure, and in celebration of that fact, I have decided to try something else new - namely, blogging. It seems like a good idea at the moment, a way to give old friends, and new, a look at what God chooses to put in front of me as I go from NJ.

And right now, I have zero idea what that will be...


Surprisingly, that doesn't scare me nearly as much as you might think. I suppose that has a lot to do with God's amazing provisions over the last several years (and maybe a little to do with the fact that I'm just really, really excited right now that I will soon be back with my husband, my cat, and, most importantly, my couch). So even though I'm heading halfway across the country, to a state I've never visited and a town I didn't know existed a year ago, I'm feeling remarkably peaceful about this change.


After all, God has already worked out all the details to get me this far. And for those of you who've heard the stories and listened to me freaking out about weddings and grad school and the whims of the Air Force, you know just how long that list of details is.


Just to be clear, I'm still mildly freaking on occasion, and I've got a long way to go in trusting God's perfect plan, but right now I'm holding onto the fact that he has one (a spot-on plan for my life, that is).


Random side note: I was thinking today about Abraham and how God told him to up and leave everything he knew and just go. At least I know where I'm going! It's kinda comforting though, 'cause it worked out pretty well for Abraham...


Okay, random side note over.


Final thoughts for the evening: I'm sad to be leaving behind good friends yet again, but I'm also really psyched to see what's ahead for me in this "crazy, tragic, sometimes almost magic, awful, beautiful life" :)


So let the new adventure begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment