So how did that come out of a day where I drove 400 miles and hiked 5 miles in flip-flops?
Well, first off, my day started out with pancakes and bacon and a good conversation - benefits of staying with wonderful people rather than in some motel. Add to that some good music and another sunny day, and I was in a great mood.
And since this was my shorter drive (read: only 6 hours long), I followed signs for a state park and got off the highway and, after getting directions at a gas station, finally found this nice little trail along a river.
I found a bunch of little trickles running down to the main river...
And finally, I found a waterfall! (Has anyone figured out yet where I went for a walk?)
I like waterfalls a lot. Especially this particular one... since it's where Trevor proposed :) And yes, I totally hiked 5 miles just to visit this spot one more time.
So that whole trek made me very happy, 'cause it brought back so many great memories, and made me that much more excited to be reunited with my amazing husband tomorrow!
And then I had another exciting milestone today - my car reached 150,000 miles! (Yeah, maybe I shouldn't be excited about my car getting older, but what can I say? It's a big deal to me. Go ahead and laugh if you want) I actually don't know what state I was in when this happened... I'd passed the sign saying "Thanks for visiting Ohio" and hadn't reached the one saying "Welcome to Indiana" yet... So I guess my car hit its big important milestone on the Ohio-Indiana stateline!
The rest of the drive was less eventful, but there were still so many little things that brightened my day that I'm not even going to try listing them here. God's definitely been good. And I'm very grateful.
Oh yeah, as promised, the welcome signs from Indiana and Illinois. Just in case you needed proof that I actually traveled where I said I did today :)
And tomorrow, I'm off to Enid and my wonderful husband!
![]() |
| Indiana (random side note: I'm watching Indiana Jones while I write this...) |
![]() |
| Illinois |







No comments:
Post a Comment