Hmm... It's been a while since I posted anything here. That would mostly be because I've had absolutely nothing worth saying (which is still probably true) And the few things worth saying have been way too private to share with the world. Anyway.
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about, well, for lack of a better phrase, relationship maintenance. It's been over a month since I moved down to Oklahoma, and I'm just now starting to feel like I maybe remember again how this whole marriage thing works when you're both in the same place. I guess it's not that odd that it was easier in some ways to adjust to being apart. After all, in the grand scheme of things, Trevor and I have been apart for more of our relationship than we've been together if you start counting from when we started dating.
That's not to say that this isn't so much better - it is. No doubt about it. Being together again is great. It's just taken a little more effort than you might think to get back into the swing of things. But I guess that's part of building and growing and maintaining a relationship - recognizing that you've got something that's worth that extra effort. And what we have - it's totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment